The book is held together with grommets and book binder rings. With the grommet design I can always add more pages later! I bought a package of Dritz 1/4" eyelets, an eylet tool and book binder rings from Wal-Mart for approx $5. I purchased one yard of a soft cream utility fabric for $5 and the rest of the fabric, felt and other supplies, I had on hand.
Total Cost= $11 (ish)
Three Peas in a Pod
The peas each come out and reattach via velcro.
Each flower's center is a magnet that the little lady bug (and soon to be bumblebee) can land on. There is also a magnet sewn into the grass for the insects to land on.
Zip-a-dee-do-daI found all of these zippers at Savers for $0.25, score! Took them home and sewed them into place on the page. Hand-stiched "Zip-a-dee-do-da."
Trace the Letters
I went to local scrapbook store that lets you die cut fabric and cut the letters out in a six color rotating pattern. Or if you have a Silhouette or Cricut, lucky you, simply cut the letters out at home. I then affixed wonder-under (Pellon) to each letter and with a ruler, ironed in place. Hand-stitched "trace the letters."
Hanging Laundry Letters
I cut the numbers out with a die cut machine. Then I affixed the numbers to squares of felt with pellon. I pinned the numbers into place and sewed them into place on the page with my sewing machine. Under the numbers I hand-stitched buttons to correspond with each number. To add to the "laundry" feel, I used Fabri-Tac to glue a piece of lace across the top of the numbers.
The book was going to be wrapped and given to my little girl for her birthday (in July) and then when I didn't finish in July, for Christmas, but she has seen every page and loves it...so I'm giving it to her early -or late depending on how you look at it!!!