I found a great recipe for Lemon Cheesecake Bars on Gina's Skinny Recipes, altered it a bit and LOVED the results so much, I had to share with you. I've included Gina's original recipe with my changes in italics. Warning: My alterations make this dessert a lot less "skinny" than Gina's.
- 12 reduced fat vanilla wafers- Because I didn't put the batter in muffin cups, preferring to make them into bars, I used a graham cracker crust.
- 1/2 cup of crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 oz fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt- I used Fage fat-free, plain Greek yogurt.
- 2 large egg whites- I threw in the whole egg...sans the shell, of course.
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice- Use the juice from the lemon you just zested...yummy!
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 24 blackberries- Instead of blackberries, I sliced strawberries to garnish the top with a touch of whipped cream.
Heat oven to 350°.
Combine graham crackers, melted butter and powdered sugar. When mixed, press the mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 pan.
Gently beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth using an electric mixer. Gradually beat in fat free yogurt, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest and flour. Do not over beat. Pour filling on top of the graham cracker crust in your 8x8 pan.
Bake 25 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool to room temperature. Chill a few hours in the refrigerator.
Garnish with strawberries and whipped cream before serving.